Sunday, January 29, 2012

2011...

It has been so long since I have blogged! Not really sure why? Our 2011 has been an interesting year to say the least. God brought us through a whole new world of challenges and blessings!

*For starters we sold the only home our family has had together and moved to a new area for the wonderful neighborhood and schools...
*GI issues for me that after 3 months ended with surgery to remove my Gall Bladder
*After months of misdiagnosed illness, my Mother-in-law was diagnosed with Lymphoma, what a journey that road has been, we are Praising God that after chemo there is no sign of the Lymphoma any more!!! We saw how family can come together and form a bond we didn't know existed until pushed to the limits.
*My sister had her precious baby girl Lacey that we all adore to pieces!!
*We have experienced nightly wake-ups from our 6 year old that after trying everything we can think of will still NOT end which has led to a grouchy mommy, Kaylee, and daddy on numerous occasions
*Got to experience the magic of Disney World through the eyes of my precious little girl!
*Mark underwent a total thyroidectomy after years of problems

So many life changing events took place in one short year. I kinda felt whip-lashed as we came into a new year. Running at full speed was no doubt exhausting. As soon as Mark recovered from his surgery, we both felt such a peace and calmness come over us as we started a new year.

In light of all the past year has brought us I am reminded by humility that I am not the Planner here. I would have forgone "lots" of what happened this past year...it wasn't in my hopes and dreams of "2011". I was reading James 4 recently and was extremely humbled by what it said...

Warning about self confidence
13 Look here you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog-it's here a little while, then it's gone. 15 What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that." 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.

Wow, how often do I plan my future with no regard to God? Especially when it came to having children? I planned exactly how many kids I wanted and I did not hold onto those plans loosely. How much harder was this journey for me because of the crushing pain of my plans being thwarted? I am thankful to share that I have been forgiven of this "boasting." I know that it is good to plan ahead and to make goals, even when it comes to family size, but simply adding "If God wills it" to the beginning of each goal is more wise in the end.

I can say with confidence that I am thankful that He is my planner...After all He knows all the details and brings on so many more blessings than I would be able to plan-up on my own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this. so glad i clicked on your blog today. i miss reading it!

i love you!

Visitors