Friday, August 6, 2010

Friends


Wow, the summer has practically flown by! For the first time in 3 years, I have completely enjoyed it! This summer has marked so many changes for me. The first has to do directly with me. God has brought so much healing to me through all my babies this summer. I have been able to "live in the moment" and have so much fun doing just that. Mark and I have so enjoyed Kaylee this summer.
It has been so nice not to plan for a pregnancy and all the unknown that comes with that.

One big change for us recently was saying goodbye to our best friends who are heading on an incredible journey across the world. I will never forget when Mark called John to convince him to interview for a youth pastor position here in Cincinnati. I had no idea how our families would mesh and the friendships that would evolve through them moving here. That was 7 years ago. Just a week and a half ago we said goodbye to the 4 of them. God has provided an incredible opportunity with them in Macedonia starting the first professional basketball team. They are working with AIA (Athletes in Action), a Christian organization. If you would like to follow their journey just click here http://thejakusfamily.blogspot.com/

We already are missing them! Thank God for the internet and Skype!
Here is a picture of Kaylee and Brady recently, she is completely convinced they
will get married, even though recently he told her he has another girl in mind for that!

No comments:

Visitors