Monday, February 1, 2010

Amazing


This past weekend was one of the most amazing times I have had with Mark.
He bought me tickets to a concert in Ann Arbor as a Christmas gift. We have recently
got into a few new bands and were both excited to check them out at a Folk Festival.
The week leading up to our little getaway will go down as one of our most trying ones
ever. There were moments last week when we did not know how God would pull us through.
We had hope, but we just didn't know what it would look like.
So, we were both very excited to get away and just be together. Every little thing we did was so much fun. Even the car ride together and being able to hold on a conversation without being interrupted by a very talkative little girl was so great. We used to hate car rides, until we had a renewed perspective on being alone.
One of the great things that came out of last weekend was realizing how truly amazing my husband is. I mean, I would have said that before, but I am so much more aware of it than ever. I have been down so many roads the last few years and have learned so much, but I really took Mark for granted during all of it. I am just so thankful for my eyes to be opened to what blessings God has showered my life with. Amazing how your perspective can change so suddenly, and so often.
I have so much to be thankful for, so much God has given me, so much in the 2 amazing people
God has placed in my home to love and serve.

1 comment:

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

So happy to hear the weekend went so well!!

Visitors