Thursday, December 3, 2009

I can relate...

Psalm 88 (select verses)

"O Lord, the God who saves me,
day and night I cry out before you.
May my prayer come before you;
turn your ear to my cry.
For my soul is full of trouble...
my eyes are dim with grief.
I call to you, O Lord, every day;
I spread out my hands to you."

I can relate

Psalm 89 (select verses)

"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known
through all generations.
I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself...
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord...
For you are their glory and strength..."

I can relate


Sometimes getting through the day is a real struggle, but each day without fail, I do. Right now sleep is something I dream of, something I thought I desperately needed, but I still function.
Keeping up my job as full-time mommy is all encompassing, and well, has no breaks, even in the wee hours of the night. How is it that I am still able to laugh and sing and dance and goof off with my precious little girl yet still be in such pain all in the same day? These 2 chapters in Psalms are so very different, yet they are put right next to each other for a reason...

I know that no matter my circumstances that God would pull me through anything. I think so many times how I could very well have no children, versus one precious child. And I am thankful beyond belief that I get to share in the life of such a miracle. Kaylee brings so much light to us. So much joy, so much fun.

We leave tonight for a 4 day trip with our very close friends to Chicago. We are both bringing our curly headed girls. We are so excited to see all the Christmas decorations and the hustle and bustle of the downtown city life. We are all in desperate need of a getaway... we are all suffering loss.

Right now am thankful that grief and joy can co-exist.

I plan to return phone calls, emails, texts, and letters all when we return. They mean so much to us. Thank you for being patient and loving us.

2 comments:

mamamia said...

i am so glad that you get to go away with friends! I hope that you have a wonderful and refreshing time!

Anonymous said...

i Praise the Lord that He was so tender to allow for this trip...for all of you. HE knew you would need it. Praying for your weekend together....may you lift each other up!
i love you sis,
nic

Visitors