Friday, October 2, 2009

Interesting Opportunity

Well I could certainly use some prayers.

Mark and I have been asked to stand before our church congregation, 6 services total, and share our story. We were asked just last week. We slept on it, prayed about it, before responding yes.

I am not one to enjoy getting in front of people and speaking. In fact, I flat out refuse to teach Sunday school for junior high because I do not trust I can speak well in front of 20 junior high boys and girls.

Yet, I said yes to this?

For some reason, I really felt God tell me "you can do this!"
And I really want any silent sufferers to know they are not alone. I guess that is really why I am leaving my comfort zone and going for it.

Our church is in the middle of a series titled "Roadblocks." This weeks message, the one I will speak on, is called "How Could a Good God Allow Suffering?"

So, I have been praying all week, that God would give me the words to speak and the heart to share. I have little confidence in myself in this area. But through this journey God has led me on,
I have felt confident in Him and His truth, so I am holding fast to that!

Thank you for lifting us up!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Praying!! God is right in prompting you to know that "you can do this!" I know you can too- you'll do great!!

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

He wouldn't "call" you to if He wasn't going to do it through you!! You will be spectacular!! Believe it!!

Visitors