Friday, November 14, 2008

The Thorn...

Mark and I received some more disheartening news about our situation yesterday.
It is hard to put into words how we are feeling or what we are thinking. As I sat here in prayer
asking God to bring us peace, I was reminded of the Apostle Paul and the "thorn in his flesh."
Such a Godly man, who lived to spread the gospel. "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor 12: 8-9). Paul goes on to say, "for when I am weak, then I am strong."
As I read over those words, I feel God's strength come over me like nothing I can begin to explain. Weak is such a good depiction of how I am feeling right now....physically, mentally, emotionally, I am so weak. As I read further in the study portion of this verse it explains how this "thorn" kept Paul humble, reminding him of his need for constant contact with God and how others benefited as they saw God at work in his life.


For those of you who wish to know what to specifically pray for our family, here are a few requests.... For our hearts to heal, for direction in where to go next, that Mark and I will come together on hard decisions we need to make, and for God to use us any way He sees fit during this time of suffering. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will continue to come here daily, though i am privilaged to talk w you often about what is going on. i love to read, then watch in action how God is moving in your lives. my heart has never hurt more for you in our entire lives....yet i have such a peace each time i watch you surrender and let the Lord live through you, as you....and for you. we will continue to pray for you....each day....as we wait & watch God's perfect will work in your lives. we love you...and are so grateful God has blessed us w all three of you. ~nic

Visitors