Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yet, another breath of fresh air

Well, since my last post, I have rode the rollercoaster once again. I am out of that spiral and am breathing fresh air once again (even though it is a terential down pour in Cincinnati).

I am glad to report that through this fall, I have been taught much and can once again be thankful for a God so worthy of refining me. The grief that initially befell me was so unexpected and really swooped me off my feet. What I have been learning these past few days is that I cannot control many of my circumstances BUT I certainly control MY response to them.

Amazing how quickly I was to revert back to self pity, jealousy, anger, bitterness, etc.

Today, I picked up my bible and read this, "...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3

I took my circumstances, and got entangled in all sorts of feelings and ran with it, or sat on the couch, if you want the literal part. I did not first "fix my eyes on Jesus."

The study portion says this "...To live effectively, we must keep our eyes on Jesus. We will stumble if we look away from Him to stare at ourselves or at the circumstances surrounding us.
We should be running for Christ, not ourselves, and we must always keep Him in sight."
It goes on to say, " When we face hardship and discouragement, it is easy to lose sight of the big picture. But we're not alone: there is help. Many have already made it through life, enduring far more difficult circumstances than we have experienced. Suffering is the training ground for Christian maturity. It develops our patience and makes our final victory sweet."

Amazing how content I feel and satisfied with what life has brought me after soaking in His truth.
It is not about me, and all about Him. A weight has been lifted...

Thank you for lifting me up, all of us up, in prayer!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

your strength is beautiful. I love reading your words.

Tina said...

Love this Ang! Love you too!

Visitors